Monday

WINTER SUNSHINE

ANYBODY ELSE WITH ME WHEN I SAY THAT THE AUSTRALIAN WINTER MARKS THE BIRTH OF SOME HIDEOUSLY CONFUSED TRENDS? EG DENIM MINI SKIRTS WITH UGGBOOTS AND THOSE TACKY PUFFY BUBBLE VESTS MADE FROM THE SAME MATERIAL AS BLOW UP POOLS. AS YOU LATE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S BABIES MAY REMEMBER, AT ONE POINT THESE VESTS WERE SO POPULAR YOU SCORED A FREE ONE WITH EVERY DOLLY MAGAZINE PURCHASE! WHEN YOURE LIVING IN THE SNOW MAYBE ID GET IT, BUT IM TALKING AN AUSTRALIAN WINTER HERE. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I NEVER PARTICIPATED IN THE CIRCULATION OF THIS HANUS TREND BUT THE TRUTH IS, WHEN YOURE A  CONFUSED PRE-PUBESCENT FEMALE AND DOLLY SAYS ITS COOL, I WAS ALL OVER IT! AND SO WHAT IF I MAY HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF ROCKING THE FREE AUTUMN BANDANAS THAT CAME WITH GIRLFRIEND TOO? IVE LEARNT FROM MY MANY FASHION FAUX PAS AND INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING RIDICULOUS TRENDS THAT COME WITH THE FALL AND LEAVE WITH THE IMPENDING SUNSHINE, THESE DAYS I PLAY IT SAFE. .  TODAY I WANTED A WINTER OUTFIT PAIRED WITH THE LAID BACK VIBE A BRISBANE WINTER HAS TO OFFER. MY ANSWER TO THE INBETWEENER- A COSY WHITE KNIT WITH SPLASH OF GOLD IN HONOUR OF THE SUN GODS! A DRASTIC IF NOT MINUTELY PARTIAL IMPROVEMENT? I SINCERELY HOPE SO...





WHITE KNITTED TOP: THRIFTED. NECKLACE: THRIFTED. JEANS: CHEAP MONDAYS. BELT: THRIFTED. SHOES: RUBI SHOES

9 comments:

  1. white and gold PERFECTION my dear. And ohhh yes....I know the trends....sadly I wasn't actually ALLOWED to have ugg boots would you believe, my mother was under the impression they were some epic hobo trend so as soon as I snuck them on she wen't crazy HA! THANK GOD, what a hideoussss look that was back then....actually still not a huge fan =S HA, ohhh and the balloon jackets, GOSH remember the balloon backpacks??? or was that just sad me in the 90s??? ohhh hope not!

    thank you for all your loving on my blog lady, the cold is SLOWLY moving along, but has left its damage, 2 weeks till uni is over and it's delayed me about a month HA! Can't WAIT to finish. Hope you are well my dear, looking mighty amazing miss hottie!!! I promise to be back ASAP :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you have such pretty long hair. & I love your necklace. xx


    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so pretty! and your hair is amazing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah i love your description above the comment box, so true. people should comment when they feel inspired!
    well your blog and posts are pretty inspiring for me, your jumper is SO nice, been looking for something like that. no point in looking cos its summer for me soon.

    i miss the snow :(
    love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly what you are talking about uggs and skirts are the worst - if its hot enough to wear a skirt its too hot to be wearing uggs. love your laid back, simple look though - amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. laughing at your little write-up! so true!

    i love your gold necklace and delicate white top! ive been wanting a statement necklace for a while, haven't found one that i like yet! you look great and thank you for stopping by and visiting :)

    x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. this thing above the comment box is awesome. totally agree. also your take on the confused trends is quite funny. i'm glad you choose to avoid them:) very lovely outfit.


    http://mystylecandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS, THEY MAKE ME SMILE BIG TIME :)

ENCOURAGING OR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM I TAKE BOTH IN MY STRIDE. I WOULD RATHER AN HONEST SINCERE OPINION IN THE END THAN BE ONE OF THOSE BLOGGERS WHO SPAM EVERYONE SAYING COMMENT FOR COMMENT? FOLLOW ME I FOLLOW YOU? INTEGRITY IS KEY AND I INTEND TO KEEP MINE. IF I COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG ITS BECAUSE A) I REALLY LIKE YOU B) I DIG YOUR BLOG OR C) SOMETIMES A KIND WORD APPRECIATES AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND I INTEND TO DO SO :)

BIG LOVE!